Maine religious leaders will gather at press conferences in Portland and Bangor on Thursday, October 1, at 3:00 p.m. to endorse the NO on 1/Protect Maine Equality campaign.
The Portland press conference will take place at the Immanuel Baptist Church, 156 High Street.
* Rt. Rev. Steven T. Lane, IX Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Maine
* Rev. David Gaewski, Executive Minister, Maine Conference of the United Church of Christ (UCC)
* Rev. Deborah Davis-Johnson, Pastor, Immanuel Baptist Church (American Baptist)
* Rev. Don Rudalevige, Retired United Methodist Pastor and District Superintendent
* Anne Underwood, Founding Member, Catholics for Marriage Equality
The Bangor press conference will take place at the Hammond Street Congregational Church (UCC), 28 High Street.
* Rev. Kent Ulery, President, Bangor Theological Seminary (UCC)
* Rabbi Darah Lerner, Congregation Beth El (Reform)
* Rev. Susan Davies, Dean of Students and External Affairs, Bangor Theological Seminary (UCC)
* Rev. Becky Gunn, Minister, Unitarian Universalist Society of Bangor (UU)
The simultaneously occurring press conferences will allow leaders representing a broad spectrum of Maine’s religious communities to gather in unity to support and endorse NO on 1 and encourage Mainers to vote for fairness and equality.
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: | Anne Underwood, Becky Gunn, Catholics for Marriage Equality, Darah Lerner, David Gaewski, Deborah Davis-Johnson, Don Rudalevige, gay rights, Kent Ulery, lgbt, No on 1, Protect Maine Equality, Same-Sex Marriage, Steven Lane, Susan Davies